At Peel Brow School, children participate in a variety of different sporting activities; competitive and non-competitive. We firmly believe in sport as an essential way of staying healthy, developing social skills and building friendships. We nurture talent in this area and develop ability to the highest level possible.
The government is currently providing additional funding to improve physical education and sport in primary schools. This funding must be used to fund improvements such as increasing participation in physical activity and encouraging pupils to build healthy lives.
In addition to our PE curriculum we have:
• Employed specialist coaches to work alongside our teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and skills.
• Provided intensive swimming provision in Y3. Last year, 83% of children in our Y6 class were able to swim 25m.
• Taken children to inspirational sporting events
• Invited Paralympian, Anna Jackson, into school to talk about her incredible achievements and lead a workshop for children.
• Provided an extensive and diverse menu of extra-curricular sports enrichments daily.
• Provided opportunities for all children to practise their sports and PE skills at lunchtimes via our playleader initiative, including the 'Daily Mile'.
• Taken part in the 'Weekly Warrior Challenge'.
• Taken Y6 on a residential holiday which focused on the outdoors and adventurous curriculum.
Click here for more information.