The Peel Brow Mission Statement contains our core message:
Our school provides a unique and creative learning environment which ensures that all our children are nurtured and stimulated to achieve their full potential within a happy, safe caring community.
‘Learning to make a difference’
The School’s Vision represents the desired future. It outlines general principles and is aspirational in nature:
• Provide stimulating and high quality teaching and learning opportunities whilst delivering a broad and balanced curriculum.
• Foster a child centred approach which values and recognises the individuality and uniqueness of each child.
• Encourage positive attitudes, have awareness, appreciation and respect regarding cultural, religious and moral values of others.
• Raise aspirations by equipping the children with skills for the future, by embracing new technologies and recognising the need for sustainability.
Peel Brow School’s Aims are broad statements of educational goals. They provide a clear focus for the school:
We the staff, governors and parents aim to encourage each and every child in all aspects of learning. We aim to:
• Develop awareness of self and sensitivity to others, acquire a set of moral values and the confidence to make and adhere to moral judgements and develop habits of self- discipline and acceptable behaviour.
• Communicate clearly and confidently in speech and writing, in ways appropriate for different occasions and purposes and to read fluently and accurately, with understanding, feeling and discrimination.
• Understand and use the applications of mathematics with speed and accuracy in various situations.
• Investigate and ask scientific questions to explain, to predict, and to appreciate the way science will affect the future.
• Become independent, confident and responsible users of ICT, in order to prepare for life in an
increasingly ICT rich world.
• Apply geographical and historical skills and knowledge, whilst recognising links at a local, national and international level.
• Develop creative skills and be given the opportunity to express themselves physically, musically and artistically.
• Develop an understanding of their own and other religions, and to demonstrate respect for, and tolerance of, other peoples’ race, faith and culture.
Click here for more information.